I only put up with your depressive shit because you frequently post pictures of cupcakes.
— Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
I have 3 pages left of my current journal… I’ve never finished a journal so this is pretty huge.
I thought I might be fun to read past entries and I found this gem from 9/14/11
“I think I found the secret to happiness.
- Faith: Believe, believe, believe
- Everyone is just as afraid as you are. So stop being afraid
- Ask for what you want. People hate saying no and when they do they usually offer a pretty good consolation prize.
- When people take a chance on you, give them 110% because you’re going to need them to bet on you again.
- Walk around like you know shit.
- Go out and learn shit. Little by little.
- Don’t be afraid of what you don’t know— It’s like God. I don’t know everything there is to know about God. That doesn’t mean I don’t know Him, it just means I’m not done.
- You’re never done. That’s ok.
- Give life meaning and purpose. The trick isn’t to find it, but to create it. God didn’t make you passive, He whispers dreams and desires into your heart.
- Know these two things for sure: You are loved and God made you a fighter. So fight.”